My [Awesome] Blog's Hit Counter!! :] See How Popular I Am?? =D

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Aquacise - Sports Options

For my sports option I got to be in aquacise!! Last Wednesday would probably have to be my most favorite session out of all the 3 times that we went. The first time was just aqua aerobics, this was when we were doing basic exercise routines in the water with a remix sound-track playing on a loud speaker. The second session was when we went snorkeling, we had a little practise around in the med-sized pool before we got to go into the 50m pool. Looking down to the ground was almost as scary as looking up to the surface, but the awesome thing for me was that I didn't need a life jacket to stay afloat and I do plan on living for ever! ;]

For our third session we learnt about basic river safety. These are just a couple of things that we learnt during a quarter of that session:

  • Wearing baggy clothing whilst swimming in the river or lake is a hazard when you are trying to stay safe.
  • In emergency stay calm and keep together if you're in a group. Swim with your feet first so that there's less injury to your head if you collide.
  • Always swim when an adult is present so that they can come to your rescue when you may fall in harm.
We then went into the 50m pool after we had our life jackets on. The two major activities that we did included getting back into a boat after it had tipped and the fun bit- trying to swim against a current (really a whole flow of bubbles that swept us away- we didn't have a chance!)

The inflatable boat was just as fun. Our group (Prapitha, Hine, Brooke, and Laura) were to get into the boat and paddle into the middle of the pool. After doing so we all had to sit on the same side and lean back , doing this to "mistakenly" tip the boat over. Our task was to get back into the boat using team-work. This happened quicker than I expected. When I finally did get into the boat I managed to make an ex-extraordinary landing waving my legs into the air in all different fashions.

Doing this was So0o0o0 Much Fun!!! Can't Wait Until Next Time! ☺☺☺

2 comments:

  1. hehehehehe "Mistakenly" hehehehe
    oh and your picture has skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish your tutor from the pools could see your comments here - you really seem to have taken so much on board. The bubbles coming up from the bottom of the dive pool did look like it would be fun - what do you think the point was of trying to get you to swim against the current?

    ReplyDelete